First of all, let me congratulate anyone who is thinking of achieving a perfect SAT score because what gets measured gets done. Any remarkable milestone can only be achieved when you have a target in place. The article might be a bit longer as there is no readymade recipe for scoring a perfect score on the SAT (or even on any standardized test). Still, be assured that this article will be a fruitful one in achieving your journey to a perfect SAT score.
In 2018, about 2.1 million students gave the SAT, of which roughly about 300 were able to achieve a perfect score of 1600, which amounts to 0.000142%. It means only one student out of 7000 students who gave the SAT scored a perfect score. These stats themselves reflect as to how challenging or daunting it is to obtain a perfect SAT score, but by no means, termed impossible as the word impossible itself says I am possible.
The course material comes way later when aiming for 1600 in SAT, though the academic curriculum does form the backbone. Moving over to achieve a perfect SAT score, we at SAT Champ have designed some guidelines with our years of experience and guidance as to what it takes to attain an ideal score. We take stride in mentioning that some of our students have been able to accomplish a perfect 1600, though we do admit that they are equally responsible for achieving the same along with our mentoring and guidance. There is no preference of any point over the other, as everything mentioned below should be ensured to earn 1600 on the SAT.
- Why you want it: List down the reasons why you need a perfect SAT score. External influence should not affect your analysis, but it needs to be your internal voice as to why you need to achieve it. The reasons listed will help you keep yourself on track in case you lose your focus or determination anytime during your course preparation.
- Believe it to achieve it: The first and foremost thing a student needs is to believe it absolutely without an iota of doubt that scoring 1600 is achievable. If there’s even a single element of skepticism, achieving a perfect score is preposterous.
- Visualize in Mind: Each day during your preparation days, have a visual image of you achieving a perfect SAT score. The world’s best people do follow this approach to achieve their goals.
- Positive Mindset: The mindset for accomplishing this task should be extremely positive, cutting down the criticism from your friends or anyone else. You need to be self-motivated rather than require external motivation as there will be odd days where you might want to give up on your goal.
- Compete against yourself: As the figures speak for themselves ( 1 out of every 7000 candidates achieves a perfect score), so your competition is not relative but your own. The tracking of one’s growth should be done on a day-to-day basis. Yes, each day counts, and one needs to write down daily as to what was the improvement.
- Rigid Schedule: Creating a schedule and religiously sticking to it is the need. There might be many distractions that can occur on any given day, but you must adhere to the agenda.
- Eliminate Distractions: Yes, we are not talking about reducing them but to eliminate them like majorly spending time on your gadgets or social media.
- Perseverance: Last but not the least, for achieving any hard target, persistence, and determination is the key, as we at SAT Champ have also believed, success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
In case you give a positive and honest YES to yourself on the above points, we advise further reading as otherwise, the target you have set seems unrealistic.
Since you are on your track to read further, let us now break down how to achieve a perfect 1600 in SAT. Attaining a perfect SAT score is where SAT Champ comes into play. We at SAT Champ have been the pioneers in providing world-class online as well as one-on-one classes for the SAT exam. We at SAT Champ provide private SAT Tutoring in Gurgaon (Gurugram). It gives us great contentment to see our students realize their aspirations and potential through our guidance. We have catered to almost all parts of the globe as far as our students are concerned. Our students have got admitted to the most prestigious schools a child aspires to study. We have years of experience behind our back, which only increases our drive and confidence with each passing year to provide the best education for the SAT exam. We have always believed that success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. As we know, every child is unique. We at SAT Champ also find that every child has the potential though it just needs to be identified, nurtured, and polished. Every child has unique strengths and weaknesses. The most important thing for a tutor or guide is to identify the gaps a child has and to work upon them slowly and steadily because both the gaps and the grasping power of each child is different, which cannot be identified in group classes. For us, money is not the only criterion, but imparting and imbibing valuable education to each child is our prime focus.
- Right Guidance: They first step to ace the SAT is to find the proper guidance, which will ensure that you reach the uphill task you have defined for yourself in a step by step manner. We don’t advocate going for a group class in case one even needs to achieve a score of more than 90th percentile as that requires individual attention to each child, not possible in group classes.
- Quality: Focusing on quality questions rather than quantity is like sharpening your ax regularly for cutting wood. If you keep on practicing a large number of questions that do not add to your current level of understanding, it leads to no results as far as improvement is concerned. We at SAT Champ have customized questions for each student as each student is at a different level. Some might be strong in certain areas, and some might be weak in certain areas.
- Equal Focus: A student should be equally proficient in Verbal as well as Math. One cannot have a preference over the other section and should feel justly comfortable attempting both the sections.
- Learning from Mistakes: The most important thing is to learn from your mistakes. Even answering 99 questions correctly and one incorrectly, it should be analyzed in detail. The focus is to determine whether it was a careless mistake, a conceptual mistake, fell into the examiner’s trick, was too quick in answering to name a few. Detailed analysis and working on your weak areas and mistakes give a dramatic improvement in your approach to handling the questions, your scores, and your way of perceiving the problems. The final goal should be to arrive at a stage where a child starts thinking in terms of what the examiner’s mindset will be while setting the particular question.
- Error Log: One should develop this habit of maintaining an error log and try to write a detailed analysis, which is helpful during your revision phase.
- Time Management: We believe at least 90% of the students will be able to score much higher on any standardized test if there was no time limit for the exam. The pressure to perform under a prescribed time limit helps the SAT makers to produce a range of SAT scores. Several time management techniques can be learned over time, provided personal guidance to a child is given.
Though the list might not be exhaustive, the points mentioned above cannot be skipped in any case if the student needs to reach the pinnacle and outperform everyone else in the SAT scores. We at SAT Champ will be more than happy to help students realize this objective as we have done it many times before. Our main USP is making the student understand what his weak areas are and whether one lacks the concepts or the application of the same. With our years of experience and expertise, we have been successful so far in fulfilling our objective of providing the highest standard of education to every child we have catered. There are no pre-requisites required (though an earlier SAT score might help us immediately in identifying the gap areas) as we start right from the basics and gradually working upon them to the toughest level questions. So far, in our incredible journey, we have been able to raise the benchmark of one-on-one Tutoring (both in-person and online, and strive to that consistently. We have helped hundreds of students raise their scores dramatically, and our students have got admitted to every top school one can imagine. We at SAT Champ ensure any child who is serious about increasing scores significantly in the SAT will feel the difference as to why preparation with us makes so much difference when it comes to SAT as the SAT is an exam of elimination rather than selection.